Getting Things Done!

I can't believe it's been since February since I last blogged.One of the main reasons I took such a long "break" is because my pictures would not download for whatever reason.Blog posts are so much more interesting if they have visual interest.At least in my opinion.Also life happened and I was along for the ride.
I have been getting so much done around the house.I had to reread some of my posts to see where I was at and I must say,I am so thankful for growth that comes from experiences.I don't have so much of a clutter problem anymore because I don't buy so much anymore.Things that need to get done are getting done because I am prioritizing and have the energy to do what's needed.Here are some of the things that I have been able to accomplish in the last few months :).

The hallway and "vestibule",as we like to call this area of the house,got a fresh coat of paint and some new decorations.I love being able to display everyday things.That's what makes a house a home.All I did here was put some string up and place some cards we have gotten over the years from birthdays,holidays and thanks and placed them on the string and voila!It's one my favorite things to look at in the house right now.The colors,the thoughts and memories :).All of it.*Sigh*...Okay,moving on.
The front entry also got a fresh coat of paint and some new items in it as well.Slowly but surely I am making the space "ours".I rushed myself before thinking that's what I needed to do.But not this time,nope,I am learning from that mistake and taking my time and putting things that mean something and matter to us as a family and make our house cozy and inviting,not cluttered and confining.

This giant wall is in the living area.The living room,as you may have guessed,got a fresh coat of paint.After I patching up all the holes I keep looking at this wall and wondering what will eventually take up residence here.Like I said,I am taking my time but when I find that right something...or when it finds me,I will be more than happy to share that with you!In the meantime it is quite relaxing to have "clean surfaces".
This would be the kitchen which ALSO got a fresh coat of paint ( I told you I have been getting ALOT done!).I absolutely love this color.Funny thing about lighting is I painted the guest bathroom with the same exact paint and it looks completely different because of the lighting.I love both "shades" so it's kind of like a 2 for 1 deal ;).But back to the kitchen...I really enjoy my "breakfast/coffee bar nook".It it another area that makes our home ours and special to me.It really feels "pulled together" which I really like.And,of course, another favorite is the large chalkboard on the side wall.For whatever reason I really like chalkboards...I don't know,I just do.
Here's that laundry room I thought would never get done.It's done!Woop,woop!There are some shelves that need to be added inside the cabinets and above the washer and dryer but at this point I am in no hurry,because it will get done in it's time.
Outside we have been working hard too.Love our garden!Tim worked so hard in putting this greenhouse together and I am so thankful he has the skills to make such beautiful things!In the winter time we will put a plastic tarp and door up and in the summer we get to enjoy this :). (Reggie had just finished playing in the water and I think was a little tired,lol!).
Beautiful!Cherry tomatoes are coming in and soon we will have more than enough to share with others!What a blessing,right?!?
Basil
We are coming to an end on our green beans and we have enjoyed them immensely.Time to move on to purple hull peas and cherry tomatoes!
This is the current project,the guest bathroom.I pulled the tile and Tim painted and will re-tile soon.I will be helping my mom with her tile in her house soon so I am hoping to learn a thing or two.

Also,in other news,I have been making journals and hoping to start a business to help financially.I will share those in a future post soon!Until then!

Paint color in hallway,front entry,vestibule,living and laundry room-Olympic OL614.1 Accolade

Paint color in kitchen-Valspar 5005-3B Sparkling Sage




Comments

Popular Posts