Hard Days Happen

Today has been a hard day.I want to post a wonderful,cheery post but I just don't have the words for one.Tim had to come home because he is sick and it is hard to see him weak.He has a stomach bug but when you have an autoimmune disease and you get a normal thing like a stomach bug it's much worse.It just is.That's one thing that is hard about this new life we are still getting use to.The ups and downs of it all.And this is,for me,where it feels lonely.There's not really been anyone who has checked in on us or offers to help or has tried to understand.There have been plenty of people who ask why we don't do this or that but not even tried to educate themselves or ask me what Lyme's Disease involves.

One day at a time.That's what it is.I do have an event that I am so looking forward to.It's called craft weekend and it's at  this beautiful place,the craft house in Newton,Kansas.I don't get me time very often.But this,this is one of the thing I can do to help keep me balanced. I have this to look forward to.I get to spend a wonderful four day weekend without drama and with some lovely ladies.Tim and I have discussed how he could tell that doing this has really been good for me.I was so glad he could see that because he is right,it really has helped me in so many ways.And if it wasn't for my mom being able to watch my boys for that Thursday and Friday I wouldn't be able to go this time.There is another craft weekend scheduled for April (thank goodness) which I will probably have to find someone else to watch them for me.But thankfully,this time,they have a place to go.

Tim has started to do things that he enjoys as well.He went on a Father/Son camping trip this past weekend.And,thankfully,he did well (meaning his body held up).The boys were so excited to be able to get to have some daddy time away from mommy, that they were bouncing off the walls with excitement,literally!

Another thing I look forward to is talking to my sister this evening.I woke up with this sense of being overwhelmed with other people's situations,feelings and emotions that I texted her asking if after she gets off work I could talk some things out.She gets me in this way.I don't know why but other people's attitudes and words really get to me,like REALLY.And having a sister that understands how I work and speak truth to me in a situation is really helpful.Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you to keep you from doing something stupid,y'know?So thankful for her!

I am also in a study group that is reading through a book called The Emotionally Healthy Women.I just finished chapter one and it talked about how quitting isn't always a bad thing.Our culture focuses and so highly values perseverance and not quitting that we sometimes,most the time,feel that quitting is not ok.When sometimes it is ok and sometimes it isn't actually quitting but the end of a season.Most people are too scared of what other people think that they won't do what is actually best for them.So they won't say no or quit.I try not to let other people intimidate me into situations that aren't going to be what I need to do, but it's not easy.In fact I have had a few situations recently where I failed in putting a loving border around myself and I ended up getting burnt out or not wanting to have anything to do with the person anymore.I have also had to quit a couple of studies before they have even started this week!There are sooo many good studies out there but I cannot be a part of them all.I will do what I can when I can.I can tell this book is going to be beneficial for me.

So between my issues and Tim's poor health today it's just been an off day.It doesn't seem like much.But it's stuff I am working through.Everybody has their thing(s) they are working through,these are mine.Thank goodness for prayers,journals,blogs and sisters that take the time to listen and offer help through it all.

When you have a bad day one thing that is a good practice is to write out some things you are thankful/grateful for...

1.I am thankful that Tim IS getting better
2.I am thankful I have a caring sister
3.I am thankful that it's not about me,it's about Him
4.I am thankful God puts me where I need to be, when I need to be there
5.I am thankful I don't have to be in control because He is sovereign

                                                              What are you thankful for?

         Hope your day is going well!If not just know that you are not alone and you are loved!

Comments

Popular Posts