This Week:Cuneiform,Journals,Paint Project and Thrifting

Our garden is still producing quite a bit but I can tell it will be done soon.So thankful we have space and the freedom to grow our own food!

Cherry tomatoes and purple hull peas,YUM!

                                                  In history,this week we are learning about Ancient Egypt and hieroglyphics and cuneiform.Charlie spelled his name with symbols in some play-doh.




Usually Reggie is pretty good about entertaining himself while I teach the other boys.He usually plays with play-doh,coloring or sometimes I will let him watch an educational cartoon.He is never unsupervised but he also has plenty of freedom,which I think he likes.

Getting ready to paint me a mirror!



Paint clothes on?CHECK!





I really like how it turned out!Now I have somewhere to put my gardening tools.I plan on putting a potting table underneath.I decided not to paint the other mirror because ,for now ,I really like the antique,chipped,robin egg blue paint the way it is.

I was able to get some bullet journals made for a craft show that I was able to be a part of this past weekend.



I was also able to get an art journal and a sketch journal made.This one is a sketch journal.The art journal is good for sketching as well but the paper is made to be able to handle watercolors and such,but the sketch paper is best for just sketching.

I love this print so much!It makes me happy!

My craft booth setup.It's only the second time I have had a craft table and I still haven't found how I like it set up best.Work in progress.


                  All in all I like the setup but will probably try something different next time.


After we did our school this morning I took the boys to the park.They played on the playground for a while and then we had a bathroom break.During that time Charlie found a tennis ball and the boys had as much fun,if not more, playing on the tennis courts.I love watching them play!














After the park I wanted to make a stop by our local thrift store.These are a few of the items I was so pleased to find!

And she said, "YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"



Always excited to find some good art supplies/materials.

Some good stuff to add to my junk journals.

Beautiful!

These were brand new and only 66 cents.I saw them at Wal-Mart for $2.50ish.Yay thrift shops!!!




So I have this super power (not really) but I like to think it's just as cool.I can tell just by feeling something if it is genuine leather or not.Okay,so it's really not all that cool but it works for me.I have found many high dollar items just through touching them.Once I saw this purse and felt it I was so excited because I knew,once again,that I found something pretty sweet.I have been wanting a larger purse for a while but I didn't want one that was going to fall a part.And let's face it,I am not going to buy or be able to afford a real leather purse.The one I currently carry is real leather that I scored for .50 cents but is slightly too small.This one was only $4 and I know it will hold up for a LONG time and it has just enough room.I found a few other leather ones but this was my favorite and I only needed one.


YAY!





What have you been up to this week?I'd love to know!







Comments

Popular Posts