On The Spot Writing

As I was putting Reggie’s socks and shoes on to go outside I was telling him how much I love his chubby little feet and how much I love him,he would never know how much.And then I started writing...
To my boys-Charlie, Gage and Reggie
You’ll Never Know
By Andrea Benson
You’ll never know how much I do,
Love,truly,all of you,
Your twinkling eyes,without the smile,
You jump on brothers to dog pile.
The messy hair,shirt and face,
Tell of your style and your pace.
Run,run as fast as you can,
Always energized,little man,
Never running out of fun,
Sometimes fading with the sun.
You’ll never know how much I do,
Love,with passion,all of you,
Your silly words and funny smells,
Waiting to breathe and exhale.
Working on our etiquette,
Only too soon you forget,
Please,thank you,wait your turn,
It’s okay,one day you’ll learn.
All too soon you’ll be a man,
With less silly and more plans.
You’ll never know how much I do,
With all my heart,love all of you,
Like a little mirror I see,
How God is teaching me to be,
Honest,patient,self-controlled,
Structured and go with the flow,
It isn’t easy,this is true,
He still loves me and I love you.
I’ll never know how much He does,
Love all of me because,
I cannot hold what He knows I’m worth,
Even before my earthly birth.
It goes the same for you too,
You’ll never know how much I do,
With all my being,love all of you.

Comments

Popular Posts