Buffalo Check Chairs

Remember these guys?


Well,I got some fun fabric 

and the can of wall paint (river reed is the paint color...it's like a mint green) from my bedroom and went to work.

We don't have a shed or covered porch so the living room often becomes my project area.Thankfully the paint I was using was low odor but the living room is well ventilated...but then again I usually don't use "smelly" paints.
It took three coats to cover these chairs.I waited about a day between each coat to make sure they turned out well.I am happy with the outcome :).

These seat cushions were easy to cover.However,I needed to do a little sewing for the top cushions.Luckily Aldi had a little sewing machine for $12.99 that I had picked up.Perfect project to see just what this little machine could do!


 It did great!Since I am not really the kind to sew unless I have to this little machine is perfect for me.Also it's so small it can fit anywhere and I can load it up super quick and easy!

To cover up my not-so-skilled upholstery job I used some satin ribbon,lace,and hot glue.

And voila!



Gage says,"Nice!"



And there you have it!$3 thrift store chairs from "blah to lovely"!










Comments

Popular Posts