Color Me Happy


Do you ever just want to decorate EVERYTHING?I don't know if I am decorating or beautifying but whatever it is it's fun!I can't stop,won't stop,having too much fun...eh hem.Sorry I got a little excited there.But I have always LOVED to craft and I am finding a love for decorating.It's not just to have or make pretty things,it's to appreciate the beauty in/of/about things.And honestly it all points back to the One who makes all things beautiful!


It all started with looking at pictures of fall decorated houses.I love fall!Buuuut I don't particularly like the colors.They don't make me happy and giddy inside if I decorate my house with fall colors.So I  simply don't.That's right my friends...I don't decorate for the seasons. *gasp*
I don't want to follow what everyone else does just because that's what they do.Plain and simple.


Colors really affect my mood.I didn't use to notice it or maybe it wasn't a big deal.But I notice it now and it is a huge deal.Colors influence my emotions.I can "feel" overwhelmed with some,cold,warm,cheery,etc.I appreciate all colors but I am learning how they influence my emotions and how I react to them.I love the colors red and yellow but I can't have them in huge quantities ( I found that out when I painted my whole kitchen yellow!YIKES!It was pretty but just too much!).

I know now that I love a room full of all the colors aaaaaaaaas long as the walls are neutral.I love fall colors...outside.See where I am going with this?There is a place for every color but it's not necessarily in my house :)

So in my last post I said I had figured out my decorating style.I am so excited because I was totally on the farmhouse bandwagon.Buuut it's not me.I have noticed my tendencies always go to black and white (which are my neutrals and what ground the colors) with lots of different pops of colors such as yellow,teal,coral,green apple...you get the idea.I also like a little bit of gold thrown in there for a modern feel.These are some examples of what I am going for in my house,enjoy!

Coffee table decorating I absolutely love the look of pink home decor as it is trendy and cute.  If you want a girly home decor theme then ths is a great choice.  Pink is a fun versatile color as it ranges from light pale pink to a deep dark pink.  Honestly my favorite pink home decor includes champagne pink, Lavender pink, orchid pink and cherry blossom pink.  Use pink decorative throw pillows for couches and beds.

2017 Summer Home Tour - Hymns & Verses - Living Room with Black and White Buffalo Check Curtains

Staying Home on Valentines Day? Learn how to set a beautiful black white pink and red table and create a bright whimsical tablescape. Layer on the Love with stripes, polka dots and gold hearts!

Living Locurto Studio Tour - Modern Office Space with black and white stripes, hot pink and bright yellow. Happy and bright room decorating ideas and inspiration! Printable wall decor. LivingLocurto.com

They are all so pretty and they scream me.This isn't too much color for me.Some people may or may not like it but I am living by the rule,"I am me.I like what I like."And I like this!!!Here are some things I have been working on to get some fun color in the house.(no it will not look like the pictures...they are only inspirations :) ).

This is in the playroom.I painted over the canvas of another picture,the frame and lamp.

I added fabric to the lamp shade.

The picture says,"Patience is the companion of wisdom" (it's from a $1 store calendar,shhh don't tell anyone!)

my hankies and a little black and white gingham make for a really cute garland in the laundry room!

Still a work in progress but I like it so far :) The framed art also came from the same calendar from the $1 store.





Painted the lamp and took the unsightly beige fabric off the lampshade.*sigh* this picture is my happy place!

Keep Dreaming Beautiful Soul made by me.It's perfect in my crafting nook.


There's that little bit of gold ;)

I am doing well on the color part .I will be moving on to the black and white,especially in the playroom,to giving it some grounding.I loooove the buffalo checks so I will see about getting/making pillows with that print and probably black and white stripes as well.The living room is a bit harder since we have a dark floral/beigy couch but I am to the point where I want to sew.If you know me this is huge!I hate to sew because it causes me to be patient.(I know!)Well,I think I could be patient enough for some pillows,slipcover and possibly a papasan cushion cover.What's that?I think I hear laughing...

What's your decorating style?Do you tend to go with the trends or do your own thing or perhaps just happen to like what's on trend?I would love to hear from you and know!


Comments

Popular Posts