Torn

Ok,so I really don't understand this social media world.I am so old school it's not even cool.This past weekend I found a polaroid camera from 1988 and I put it on and told my friend that was with me that this was a metaphor for the relationship that technology and I have with eachother.(enjoy random pictures as I continue...)
my java jammies are the jam...  :)  (yeah I went there)

Social media now and days (although since I am just getting into the game I don't know how it use to be) seems to only be for the gain of the individual.I hear "old school" bloggers and such talking about how you could actually build friendships through the blogging world.Really?I would love that but it seems that I have started so late that I am sure anyone thinks I am trying to hitch a ride...so I don't reach out at all.Is that stupid..not to try?Probably..I guess.I don't know.It just reminds me of a bad joke I thought was hilarious until now,"I would like to thank all the little people I stepped on to get here."...Now and days it is true.People step on others for personal gain.

I started putting clothes away...see the khaki shorts?then I got distracted with fun projects aka not housework.


But it also may seem overwhelming too because I am starting EVERYTHING at the same time.I am starting my Etsy shop,FB shop,Blog and Instagram...yeah...it's alot.I looked up ways to connect with other bloggers...you know...so I could ACTUALLY connect with someone else...but it ended up being about how to promote your own business/blog.I don't want to promote...I want to CONNECT!At least not through my blog...this is like my diary.Can the two be separated?Am i being unrealistic here?

rainy days don't have to be a drag!

I found some places on fb that help you promote your blog/connect with other bloggers but I also realized something...and I have known this deep down.I don't know if I want to open my world to EVERYONE and their grandmother.Because once I do...it's done.But I love building relationships as well and I don't want to be a business only kinda  person without knowing the person buying from me either (I get that I won't know everyone buying from me...but it's the general idea of "knowing" people).I'm torn.


I love to paint...but I do it because I enjoy it not because I am good at it!

But then I realized something just this morning...I don't really need to do anything except go where the wind takes me...metaphorically speaking of course ;).When God tells me go...that's when I will go.There's no use in me trying to do anything if it is outside of the will of God.Psalm 127:1  If the Lord is not helping the builders, then the building of a house is to no purpose: if the Lord does not keep the town, the watchman keeps his watch for nothing.

SWEET!Now I can relax and go have my cup of coffee.I don't know why I even worry.God's got this.He's got me.And He will keep me posted.I don't always see my purpose clearly but I know I can chill cause ...

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So,social media,to you I say even though I am 1988 tech savvy,God's got my back.




Comments

Popular Posts